cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on Enterprise vault and storage

abhi_2
Level 3

Hi,

I have question on Enterprise vault and storage. Please let me know if it is a supported configuration or any known issues.

I would like to set up a new enterprise vault server in one site where as the storage (vault store) in a different site. Both these sites are connected via 1Gig lines.

Can I setup Enterprise vault server like this or is there a rule that I need to keep both the Enterprise Vault server and vault store at same site, I mean does vault store need to be local to Enterprise Vault server.

Awaiting a response.

2 REPLIES 2

Joseph_Rodgers
Level 6
Partner

Abhi2,

The Vault Store Partitions (The Vault Stores are the SQL DBs) should not be attached to the vault server.  This will reduce HA.  However, generally, the VSPs should be on the LAN and/or fiber attached.  If your 1GB pipe is not saturated than EV should work...

Many Caveats:  This would never be a recommended configuration and will have an impact on archiving and retrieval speeds which users may find unacceptable if bandwidth or servers are under heavy load.  With EV 8.0 and the new OSIS model using the SQL fingerprint DB this configuration may introduce too much latency for sharing.

I have seen this done successfully but I generally do not recommend it from a design perspective.

-Joe

abhi_2
Level 3

Hi Joe,

Thanks a lot for the response. Another question,

Can I keep my centera in a different site where as my EV server and SQL databases together in a different site.

Tnx

Abhi

=========================================================

Abhi2,

The Vault Store Partitions (The Vault Stores are the SQL DBs) should not be attached to the vault server.  This will reduce HA.  However, generally, the VSPs should be on the LAN and/or fiber attached.  If your 1GB pipe is not saturated than EV should work...

Many Caveats:  This would never be a recommended configuration and will have an impact on archiving and retrieval speeds which users may find unacceptable if bandwidth or servers are under heavy load.  With EV 8.0 and the new OSIS model using the SQL fingerprint DB this configuration may introduce too much latency for sharing.

I have seen this done successfully but I generally do not recommend it from a design perspective.

-Joe