cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on hotfixkb924334v2(6.5.7651.60)_287290.zip

abhi_2
Level 3

Hi,

I have a question on hotfixkb924334v2(6.5.7651.60)_287290.zip. I have not yet applied MS hotfix 924334 in my front-end server. While googling I have come across this KB

Enterprise Vault buttons disappear from the Outlook Web Access (OWA) toolbar after a Microsoft Exchange 2003 update / hotfix installation.

http://support.veritas.com/docs/284235 

This KB shows it is applicable to EV 7.5

We are on EV 7.5

But the hotfix is only for EV 7

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/287290.htm 

My question is whether 6.5.7651.60 is compatible with 7.5 or not?

If it is not can anyone provide me a link for the hotfix?

Tnx in advance.

Abhi

3 REPLIES 3

Paul_Grimshaw
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Off top of my head I believe this is included in EV2007. If you look at the binaries can you see a folder called 6.5.7651.60 as if you can then that is confirmation.

I can 100% confirm tomorrow when I will be connected to work

abhi_2
Level 3

Hi Paul,

Thanks a lot for the response. I found it out, it is there in EV 7 installation media.

A few more questions,

I would like to apply the hotfix 924334 on my exchange servers. After applying this hotfix should I re-run the FE configuration script again?

If I don't install this on the Back-End server does Ev break. I know from the exchange point of view OWA will work.

Paul_Grimshaw
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

yes when you apply the hotfix you should run the configuration again. Why is this? Well we place our code within certain files that exist in the latest version directory. So in this case when you install this hotfix it will create a 6.5.7651.60 directory in the exchweb directory.

So you need to run the configuration for us to be able to put our code within this new latest directory.

The same would apply on the BE as well and I strongly recommend that you have the same hotfixes on both the FE and BE server. We have had issues when the FE latest version is out of step with the BE latest version.