cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question regarding the ECM Api and Collections

ldblanchet
Level 3

Hello!

I have a question regarding the use of the Enterprise Vault Content Managament Api against a vault store which has Collections enabled. If I understand correctly, when an item that has been collected is accessed by a user, a temporary file is created, and this file exists until the Collections run again.

My question is : If I retrieve an item that has been collected using the ECM Api, will the temporary file be created?

Thank you for your time.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Arjun_Shelke
Level 6
Employee Accredited

AFAIK, the answer is Yes. Because only way to access the collected file is to extract it first to the original location

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Arjun_Shelke
Level 6
Employee Accredited

AFAIK, the answer is Yes. Because only way to access the collected file is to extract it first to the original location

ldblanchet
Level 3

Thank you, that answers my question.

Hmm, actually, What do you mean exactly by "its original location"? Do you mean in the vault store before it was collected, or to it's original un-archived location? (like a user's mailbox)

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
The DVS/DVSSP/DVSCC will be extracted from the cab file to where it was originally archived to before being collected and deleted from disk It will extract out as an ARCHDVS/ARCHDVSSP file and will be deleted by the collection process 3 days after last access date
https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

ldblanchet
Level 3

Thank you very much for the detailed answer!