cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question

thilini_gunarat
Level 3
I am just wondering about Symantec Enterprise Vault when a user is using outlook if it seemless to the end user with emails, if i have archived some of their email older then 6 months if it will keep it in the same folder, and not move it to a Symantec Archive folder in outlook. I want to make it look to the end user that nothing is happening, we are going to migrate their PST files to the archive as well.

Any insight would be great.

Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

wilson-lum
Level 2
It will look transparent as mentioned in the above post. If you install OWA extensions the users using OWA will also be able to retrieve archive emails.

Enterprise Vault keeps the same structure as you normally would have it, the only exception is if you decide to import PST files (a very nice feature) you can create a folder in Outlook specifically for the PST files. The process is either server or client driven and ensures that the users' pst files are not left on users' PCs.
Not what you're looking for? Ask an Expert.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

wilson-lum
Level 2
It will look transparent as mentioned in the above post. If you install OWA extensions the users using OWA will also be able to retrieve archive emails.

Enterprise Vault keeps the same structure as you normally would have it, the only exception is if you decide to import PST files (a very nice feature) you can create a folder in Outlook specifically for the PST files. The process is either server or client driven and ensures that the users' pst files are not left on users' PCs.
Not what you're looking for? Ask an Expert.