cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions to EV 10.0.1 Upgrade

Contonso
Level 4

Hi there,

I am planning to prepare the upgrade from EV 9.0.1 for Exchange to 10.0.1. and have a few question.

The first question is about the index locations:

The ugrade guide describes, that in EV 10.0 the indexing has changed to 64Bit and that it is now not allowed to use NON-ASCII characters in the path. My problem is, that my current locations do have ASCII characters.

It is like: I:\EV_Index_Servername\Index1 to Index8. I suppose the the underlines ("_") are not allowed. As far as I understood, I need to close "manualy" all current 8 Index locations with the unallowed path and create 8 new locations.

My question is: Do I have to rename the paths to the old index locations before starting the ugrade or does this means that only "NEW" locations are not allowed to use NON-ASCII characters in the path? And also we want to set up expiry and retantion categories. What happens to the index enties in the old locations if they are closed manualy? Will these entries also be removed if they expire?

My second question is about the EV outlook full client Add-in.

The Upgrade handout says that it is enough just to install the hotfix to be able to use the new full client Add-in. The question is, if I install the hotfix, do the current installed client Add-inn's will still working? Or do I need to update all outlook client Add-in's to the new version as well?

Thanks and regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

according to http://www.asciitable.com, an underscore is an ascii character.

a closed location means no new data gets added to it. retention and expiry still apply.

if you're upgrading to EV10 (make sure to go to 10 SP1) there is no hotfix required. the EV9 addins will still work.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

AndrewB

according to http://www.asciitable.com, an underscore is an ascii character.

a closed location means no new data gets added to it. retention and expiry still apply.

if you're upgrading to EV10 (make sure to go to 10 SP1) there is no hotfix required. the EV9 addins will still work.

AndrewB

i tested adding an index locations called i:\index_01\index1 thru index8 in my EV10 lab for you and it allowed me to do it successfully.

Contonso
Level 4

Thank you very much for you answer.

I was confused, because the ugrade guide says:

Indexes created by Enterprise Vault 10.0 cannot be in locations that have

characters higher than ASCII 127 in the path names. That is, the paths cannot

contain characters other than letters (a-z, A-Z), digits (0-9), or punctuation.

But you tested and it was allowed to use "_"  thats fine.