cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RBA question

ricp
Level 4

Sorry for the multiple posts.

I ran a test with RBA using my account and only permitting it to enable/disable mailboxes, but I can still carry out most other tasks in EV. How do permissions work? Is it most restrictive apply or most liberal? (I'm also part of domain/Exchange admin) Do permissions take effect straight away or does anything need to be restarted for permissions to take effect? 

1 REPLY 1

Not applicable

Are you a member of more than one group?  I would recommend you test your settings with an account that is only a member of one role to avoid confusion.

In the Vault Admin console click on Show Roles to verify what permissions are being applied to your account.

1. In the Administration Console, right-click the Directory container and, on the shortcut menu, click Show Roles.

2. If you want to keep a copy of the list, click Copy to clipboard. You can then paste the text into a document or mail message as required.
  3. Click OK.

When you make changes to RBA you do need to close all the Vault Admin Consoles that are open for the new roles to take affect.  The documentation says it can take a minute for everything to synchronize.