cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Read receipts are sent to users after shortcut deletion runs and removes an item that has not been read (Again)

Tonaco_pt
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi 

In the pass I had this problem read receipts are sent to users after shortcut deletion runs and removes an item that has not been read, I solve with the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\KVS\Enterprise Vault\Agents\  (Dword:ClearUnreadNotification=1). Then we upgrade Exchange to  2010, and then it start sending this read receipts again when but now was when the message was archive, we stop archive unread message. 

Yesterday people started reclaim again, I check, we are not archive unread message, and the read receipts refer to expiring shortcut, and I check the Registry Entry is set to 1.

Please help? I'm Lost

7 REPLIES 7

Tonaco_pt

I forgot the mention my environment:

Windows Failover cluster
Windows server 2008 R2
Enterprise Vault 9.0.3
Microsoft Sql 2008 R2
Exchange 2010 SP3 RU5

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

I would do a DTRACE and see if that shows anything.  Maybe the key is 'wrong' in some way.

Working for cloudficient.com

Tonaco_pt
What should I look for, in the trace?

Tonaco_pt
What should I look for, in the trace?

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Without reproducing it all, I don't know.

You could search though for the name of the key, or, 'unread', that sort of thing.

Working for cloudficient.com

pdalte
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Easy to see that you are familiar with this one:
http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH63131

Have you seen this one as well?
http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH209735

Cheers, Pedro.

Tonaco_pt

I cant recreate the issue, bur I'm almost certain that this occur because I have SingleItemRecoveryEnabled enable for all mailbox, and when dumpster expire this receipt are send.