cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reading Pane Question

Richard-ADRA
Level 4

We are beginning to archive our first mailboxes with EV 2007. We are using Outlook 2007, and Exchange 2003 (although we'll be moving to Exchange 2007 shortly). I set the policy to leave the bare minimum in the shortcuts for archived items. I have Outlook reading pane set to Bottom. When I single-click on a message, there is no message body. I only get the whole message by double-clicking the message to open up a separate window.  When I enabled offline vault (and waited for it to finish building) this doesn't change the behavior.  Is that the way it is supposed to work? Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

patrickkuah
Level 6

What you are seeing in the Reading Pane is actually the Shortcut itself. This is the space spacing... imaginem a 5mb email become just few kb...What dictate in the shortcut will be your archival policy. Eg, banner, links, message body,etc.

Only when you double click it, it will retrieve the full message body.

cheers!

patrickkuah

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Michael_Tham
Level 4
Yes, this is the behavior...

patrickkuah
Level 6

What you are seeing in the Reading Pane is actually the Shortcut itself. This is the space spacing... imaginem a 5mb email become just few kb...What dictate in the shortcut will be your archival policy. Eg, banner, links, message body,etc.

Only when you double click it, it will retrieve the full message body.

cheers!

patrickkuah