cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RecallLimitMaxRecalls with pass-through reacall

gmackinn
Level 4
Partner Accredited
Hi, I'm shortly upgrading al large FSA infrastructure of windows file servers to 2008 SP3 and I'm sure I read somewhere that when you enable pass-through recall that the current RecallLimitMaxRecalls and RecallLimitTimeInterval are read to a new set of keys which aspply to the pass-through recalls so you can have a differnt set of limits. I cannot find where I read that now. The registry doc does not mention any extra keys and I cannot find any on a server in our test lab. Can anyone confirm if there are different keys and if the 99 limit on RecallLimitMaxRecalls has been changed with pass-through. Thanks Gavin MacKinnon
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

GCSPT
Level 5
Employee Accredited Certified
something like this gavin, under the hklm/software/ev/

\PassThrough
  ExcludedExes  (SZ)
  EnableRecallLimitForPassThrough  (DWORD) 0 [0x0]
  PassThruRecallLimitMaxRecalls  (DWORD) 20 [0x14]
  PassThruRecallLimitTimeInterval  (DWORD) 10 [0xa]
  BypassPassThruRecalLimitsForAdmins  (DWORD) 0 [0x0]
  NoOfPassThroughThreads  (DWORD) 20 [0x14])

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

GCSPT
Level 5
something like this gavin, under the hklm/software/ev/

\PassThrough
  ExcludedExes  (SZ)
  EnableRecallLimitForPassThrough  (DWORD) 0 [0x0]
  PassThruRecallLimitMaxRecalls  (DWORD) 20 [0x14]
  PassThruRecallLimitTimeInterval  (DWORD) 10 [0xa]
  BypassPassThruRecalLimitsForAdmins  (DWORD) 0 [0x0]
  NoOfPassThroughThreads  (DWORD) 20 [0x14])

gmackinn
Level 4
Partner Accredited
 found it in hklm\software\wow6432node\kvs\enterpise vault\fsa\placholderservice\passthrough I had been looking in hklm\software\kvs which had the old keys

gmackinn
Level 4
Partner Accredited
I assume that  EnableRecallLimitForPassThrough  when set to 0 is the limit on and setting it to 1 will disable it. Is there still an upper limit of 99 if it is enabled?

GCSPT
Level 5

Gavin, having a look deeper are you on ev8

if so then you need this one under the Key you found.

BypassPassThruRecallLimitsForAdmins under the passthrough regkey you found is the probably the one you want and seems simple enough on/off switch.

0 - (Default) The pass-through recall limit applies to administrators

1 - The pass-through recall limit does not apply to administrators

no mention of upper limit, just on/off.

GCSPT
Level 5
I only ask as the previous keys appear to be pulled from EV6 for NetApp devices.

gmackinn
Level 4
Partner Accredited

What I want to do is either increse the limit or remove the limit for users so they can perform tasks like synchonise home drives to laptops or take a copy of a project drive to their laptop without our administrators having to switch off archiving in the area and then restore it completely which is what we have to do at the moment. So it's not the BypassPassThruRecalLimitsForAdmins key but the EnableRecallLimitForPassThrough values are what I need. I also need to no If I can have it enabled and set a limit of say 1000 as I'm not cumfortable with switching it off completely as I know that the passthrough area on the file servers will roll over and we will not run out of space but the WAN traffic generated could be crippling if someone tries to recall a large area.