cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiving intermittent classic error 4999 in Hub/Client Access Server 2010 SP3 ?

John_Santana
Level 6

People,

I'm using 2x VMs of HT-CAS Exchange Server 2010 SP3 role, somehow I noticed that there is a regular intermittent error logged in the Application Log:

Log Name:      Application
Source:        MSExchange Common
Date:          17/03/2015 7:07:10 AM
Event ID:      4999
Task Category: General
Level:         Error
Keywords:      Classic
User:          N/A
Computer:      PRODHT-CAS01-VM.Domain.com
Description:
Watson report about to be sent for process id: 2956, with parameters: E12, c-RTL-AMD64, 14.03.0123.004, M.E.RpcClientAccess.Service, M.Exchange.StoreProvider, M.M.MapiStream.get_Length, M.E.D.Storage.TooManyObjectsOpenedException-18334, 41f3-505f, 14.03.0123.002.
ErrorReportingEnabled: False

and this one:

Log Name:      Application
Source:        MSExchange Common
Date:          16/03/2015 7:06:57 PM
Event ID:      4999
Task Category: General
Level:         Error
Keywords:      Classic
User:          N/A
Computer:      PRODHT-CAS02-VM.Domain.com
Description:
Watson report about to be sent for process id: 2668, with parameters: E12, c-RTL-AMD64, 14.03.0123.004, M.E.RpcClientAccess.Service, M.Exchange.StoreProvider, M.M.MapiStream.get_Length, M.E.D.Storage.CorruptDataException-18334, aea7-d008, 14.03.0123.002.
ErrorReportingEnabled: False

Does anyone know if Enterprise Vault v 11 cause that issue ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

i suspected you didnt have any URs installed. some light research shows that issues similar to this have been addressed by the Exchange rollups so you might want to look into installing them.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

John_Santana
Level 6

I'm using 

Enterprise Vault

Symantec Corporation

Version: 10.0.4.1189

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

To my knowledge, no.  Have you opened a case with MSFT?

AndrewB

i dont think this is related to EV. in researching the Exchange error, it looks like something that would have been resolved in an update to SP3. what Update Rollup do you have installed in your Exchange environment?

John_Santana
Level 6

Hi, I'm on Exchange Server 2010 SP3 with no roll up.

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hey John,

I think the best avenue to resolution would be to work with MSFT or post on a MSFT forum.

Best,

Tony

AndrewB

i suspected you didnt have any URs installed. some light research shows that issues similar to this have been addressed by the Exchange rollups so you might want to look into installing them.

John_Santana
Level 6

Hi Andrew,

I wonder if you can share the link or report about this issue related to the Exchange Server 2010 SP3 that is fixed in Update Roll up X ?