Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reclaiming VaultStore disk space after deletiing MANY archives

Selltekk
Level 3

Good day,

Enterprise Vault 10.0.4/Win 2k8 R2 server

We are in the process of migrating to O365 and are getting out of EV prior to migration. 

Collections are enabled.  We have several large volumes that the vault stores are on.

Currently I'm running out of disk space on the second vault store on one of the EV servers and I want to find a way to compact the collections to reclaim some disk space.  I've seen a bunch of blogs and articles out there that kind of discuss it, but none that tell you how to actually do it.

I have about 15k archives, of which I have deleted about 2000.  Many were really large archives.  I'm hoping that someone can point me in the right direction to reclaim some of that disk space.

3 REPLIES 3

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

the collections wont be deleted until every last reference to all the files in the collection is out of EV. even if its just one single file. if you're talking about space being used up by CAB files which were unpacked when you migrated the data, what you might want to do is adjust your collections schedule so that you give it more time for cleanup processes to run. other than that, i dont think there's much else for you to do though.

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

If you really want to alter how EV handles this, have a read of this document: http://www.veritas.com/docs/000041898

Regards. Gertjan

Michael_Bilsbor
Level 6
Accredited

Hi,

Collections really are awful when it comes to disks space inefficiency.

It's generally recommended to change the value in phases, rather than one big change as it can take a lot of CPU and time undoing collections.

Mike

TransVault.