cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended Hardware - EV Store and SQL Server

EileenM
Level 2

I am in the process of planning our EV environment.

The Performance Guide recommends a SQL server with 8GB of RAM for medium or large environments. I do not think we qualify as medium or large, but am curious what other users of EV recommend based on their experience.
We have 300 mailboxes, approx 50,000 messages a day to journal and then archive.

Based on our mail volume, I'd also like to know what y'all recommend for the EV Store server. 4GB - 8GB of RAM......Windows Server x64(using WOW64)?

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Liam_Finn1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
 OK then 4GB per server will be fine

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Wayne_Humphrey
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
I would classify your environment as small.  For SQL, if you buying a new server, then the specs of a new server would be sufficient for you.  As for Enterprise Vault 4GB of ram is sufficient an yes install x64 bit OS :)

--wayne

Liam_Finn1
Level 6
 If you are running SQL on the same server as EV then Yes 8GB is recommended.

I'm guessing you will be installing the latest version of EV which is Version 8, this version is not supported in a 64Bit environment so yes to installing it in x64 using WOW

EileenM
Level 2
SQL and EV will run on seperate servers.  x64 for the SQL Server as well as the EV? 

We will be using Windows Server 2008.

Thanks Again!

Liam_Finn1
Level 6
 OK then 4GB per server will be fine

Wayne_Humphrey
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
EileenM,

Please mark this as resolved if we have answered your questions :)

EileenM
Level 2
We will be running the Compliance Accelerator on the same box as the EV.  I am expecting the Compliance and Legal dept sto perform CA searches multiple times a day.  Does this affect the recommendation of 4GB?

Liam_Finn1
Level 6
 It depends on how hard you will be hitting the server.

If you expect CA to not be a heavy hitter then you should be OK. In saying that it is better to have them seperate

bagrationi
Level 5
  Hello, i have a question .... and need your opinion
Above you have said that EV 8.0 is not supported with Microsoft Server 2003 x64 and i have the only solution - instaling it on Server 2003 x64 using WOW. ...
 What that ,... and if i try to install EV 8.0 on server 2003 x32 in my exchange 2007 ( 64Bit ) environment everything will be fine,...  without any conflicts between them... ?

Any suggestions .. ?