cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended space needed after closing a partition

DMP
Level 3
What's the best practice in minimum available space for partitions.

Our current Drive size is 500GB per partitions.

Before the DVS are CAB?

And then, after the collection is done what's the recommended size that we should keep available?

Thanks
Denis

4 REPLIES 4

Wedge2007
Level 3
When using collections, it's recommended to have at least 10% free drive space. This is for an retrieval reasons as well as exports of archives as DVS will be extracted to that partition as ARCHDVS files (though will only say temporarily).

Maynard_K
Level 6
Employee
Also, for adminstrative reasons I don't think I would dedicate 500 GB's for a single partition.  That is why you can partition your storage.  This will especially ease the burden of backing up your storage as a closed partition is a lot simpler to backup as the contents don't change as frequently thus backups occur less often.

DMP
Level 3
Thank you for the information...

How large should be a partition, I could not find any information or best practices on this.

Thanks

Maynard_K
Level 6
Employee
You probably won't find any documentatition as there is no limit to the sizing of any partition.  My experiences are that some administrators may feel it necessary to create a new partition semi-anually while other's may opt for once per year.  But again, it is solely for administrative purposes so the responsiblity will solely be up to your EV administrator.