cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recovering vaulted emails

Kratos31
Not applicable

We have a group of users that have saved emails directly to our file server.

Some have been ordinary messages, others have been archived by Enterprise Vault

When users are trying to open the archived messages they do not have access to the vault its stored in and are prompted for username/password.

We have considered a manual process of the administrator putting the emails into another mailbox and unvaulting/pst'ing the messages - but this would be very time consuming.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how we can get a work around for this situation

thanks

2 REPLIES 2

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

i'm familiar with this scenario from working with other customers and i dont think there's much you can do in this case. essentially what users have done is take a private email object and drop it into a public file repository but since that object is tied to an email/archive system, the connection between the two has been broken.

the shortcuts effectively can't be managed once they have been moved from an exchange mailbox and put on a file server. it's more of a user education issue where they would have to recognize that the email they are moving is a shortcut and make sure to restore it beforehand. however, realizing that you cant go back in time, i think the manual process you've come up with would work.

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Kratos, did you need anything else?