cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rehydrate Vault Store Data from Centera

pdunnigan1
Level 4

We currenlty have EV 12.0 for Exchange and are using a Centera to store our Vault Stores. Is there a way to rehydrate our data so we can copy onto our Isilon?

Thanks

Pat

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Mouse
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

There is a free feature in Enterprise Vault called Move Archive. It works fine for mail archives and journal, although it needs some attention and does not work with file system archives.

View solution in original post

Mouse

It can be scheduled. I would just split it the workload into batches, for ease of management.

Paid migration tools ranging from being a tad faster to quite a bit faster and provide faster outcome, although might cost arm and leg, comparable to EV licenses themselves but if you have a business case, look at their direction

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

G_Fry
Level 4
Partner Accredited

There are 3rd part tools and services that can migrate the data from Centera Vault Stores to Isolon Vault Stores.  There are several products and companies that have such offerings.  Ping me if youn want to explore the options for your project.

Realise the value in Enterprise Vault. ->www.cloudficient.com

What type of options?

Thanks

Pat

G_Fry
Level 4
Partner Accredited

There are several vendors of Migration products out there, and a myriad of partners that deliver migration projects and services.

The thing about migration products is they can migrate the data from source to target, so in yor case from Centera based vault store (partitions) to Isolon based vault store (partitions).  There is no time wasting in restoring back to the mailbox and then re-archiving.  They are batchable, schedulable, auditable they provide per item error failure logs. 

Realise the value in Enterprise Vault. ->www.cloudficient.com

Mouse

There is a free feature in Enterprise Vault called Move Archive. It works fine for mail archives and journal, although it needs some attention and does not work with file system archives.

Thanks for all the replies

Question about using the "Move Archive" feature. I have 16k archives, is this tool robust enough to handle this volume?

Mouse

It can be scheduled. I would just split it the workload into batches, for ease of management.

Paid migration tools ranging from being a tad faster to quite a bit faster and provide faster outcome, although might cost arm and leg, comparable to EV licenses themselves but if you have a business case, look at their direction

Thank You for all responses.