cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reinstall CH5 on all the server

Veritas_Resolve
Level 4

Hi All,

This one must be easy, I need information on what happens if I uninstall CH5 and install CH3 and later install CH5 again?

Will that causes any problem in my environment.? Also, what the right way to do it please?

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello,

Why would you want to do that?

If you read the install instructions for 11.0.1 CHF5, you see that you need to run databaseupgrader. This means the databases used are upgraded to support CHF5. Going back to CHF3 would therefor mean also going back to the databases which belong to CHF3, and I am pretty sure you don't want to do that.

If you want to reinstall due to an issue you suspect, I would reinstall the 11.0.1 binaries, then apply the CHF5 again.

Before doing so BACKUP SQL DATABASES. and make sure they are restorable!

Regards. Gertjan

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

GertjanA

Hello,

Why would you want to do that?

If you read the install instructions for 11.0.1 CHF5, you see that you need to run databaseupgrader. This means the databases used are upgraded to support CHF5. Going back to CHF3 would therefor mean also going back to the databases which belong to CHF3, and I am pretty sure you don't want to do that.

If you want to reinstall due to an issue you suspect, I would reinstall the 11.0.1 binaries, then apply the CHF5 again.

Before doing so BACKUP SQL DATABASES. and make sure they are restorable!

Regards. Gertjan

Hi Gertjan,

Thank you for your reply, and yes you are right, I don't want to go back to the database that belongs to CH3.

One last question, after EV 11.1 binaries and CH5 is reinstalled I won't have to run the databaseupgrader again on SQL server right? Because the Schema of the SQL DB would still remain the same?

Thank you for your help....

GertjanA

You're welcome.

You are correct. If you want to re-install the binaries, install 11.0.1, then install CHF5. As the databases are already upgraded to CHF5, no need to do it again. There is a 'check' mechanism in the EVDatabaseUgrader command, which sees the databases are already upgraded, and it will then report 'no need to upgrade, already on latest version' kind of message.

Regards. Gertjan