cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Relocating Vault Store to new server

MKimler
Level 3
Partner Accredited

So I have the tech article that explains how to move a Vault Store to another server:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH47388

At the end of the article, it mentions that if you are using "Include Link to archived item" in the shortcuts, you must run a reset on all of the shortcuts as explained in this article:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH47364

My question is if I am only moving a Journal vault store but resides in a Vault Store Group with the user mailbox vault store, and sharing within the group is turned on, do I still need to do this? Could these links be referencing the Journal vault store for the end users?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

GabeV
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Ok, so you don't need to create the reg key since in the journal mailboxes, there are no EV shortcuts created.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

GabeV
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Hi,

That's required if you are moving the Vault Store from one Enterprise Vault server to another. This is because the Enterprise Vault Storage service will be different. If you are just moving the Vault Store location within the same Enterprise Vault server, then you don't need to apply the RestoreShortcutBody registry key.

However, in a journal vault store, if you just have journal archives and no mailbox archives, since journal archiving doesn't create EV shortcuts, then you wouldn't need it.

I hope this helps.

MKimler
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Gabe - I'll be moving the Journal vault store to a new server, essentially splitting the journal and end user archiving vault stores between two different servers from a single one.

Can you advise based on that?

GabeV
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Ok, so you don't need to create the reg key since in the journal mailboxes, there are no EV shortcuts created.

MKimler
Level 3
Partner Accredited

I understand that the journal doesn't have shortcuts. What I'm concerned with is that in a single instanced sharing environment for vault stores, an end user's shortcut contains a link to an item that is residing in the journal vault store location. Thus, I just want to make sure that the end user doesn't need a refresh now that it has been moved.

Thanks.

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Have you compelted the move?  A bit late for an answer but you don't need to do that step even though you are using OSIS as the Storage service for the Mailbox archives isn't changing.