cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove Another Users Mailbox from Archive Explorer

SBMTMiller
Level 4

I have several mailboxes in my Archive Explorer that dont belong to me. These mailboxes, at one point in time I did have full access to but the access is now removed. How can I get these mailboxes out of my Archives explorer? Windows 7 EV10. 

5 REPLIES 5

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

check the permissions on those archives in the EV console. they're either being inherited from Exchange or they were applied manually. either way, you can remove them or change the allow to a deny. you might have to refresh archive explorer a few times for the changes to show

SBMTMiller
Level 4

I cannot change the permissions in EV with the error that the permissions are "Automatically Set" and cannot be changed. However in Exchange, while I once did have access to their mailbox, I removed myself from full access some time ago. So im not understanding where im getting automatically set.  

SBMTMiller
Level 4

Ok so I dont know what I was seeing before but yes at the Archive, you can right click properties and under "Manually Set Permissions" you can Deny. At this point, you have to go back to archive explorer and right click over the archives and hit "refresh". That did the trick.  

SBMTMiller
Level 4

I was able to remove the mailboxes, but I still see some mappings which I dont know what they are. Are they FSA file mappings? Where can I check permissions on these?  

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

those are FSA. permissions are inherited at the folder level from the file system you archived from.