cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove EV Sever/Vault Store

twyd2009
Level 4
Hey All-

We've just introduced an EV server and new Vault Store into the topology and it turns out that its not going to be used. I was wondering if there is a best practice for accomplishing this, as simply uninstalling EV didn't do the trick.  Some of the posts I've read indicate the need to manually clean up SQL tables, to get this done...Is that the case??

TIA!!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Since you haven't really done anything with it you shouldn't have to go into sql.

First thing is to delete the Vault Store. 

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/279892.htm

Deleting a Vault Store in Enterprise Vault (EV)
Details:
It is possible to delete a vault store, provided that the Vault Administration Console (VAC) shows a status of Available or Closed.
Note: Once a vault store deletion is started, there is no undo and the deletion process cannot be stopped.
To delete a vault store:
1. In the VAC, with the vault store displayed in the listing, press F5 to refresh the view. This shows the vault store's current status.
2. Right-click the vault store that needs to be deleted and, on the shortcut menu, click Delete.
3. There is a confirmation prompt.
4. Click Delete.
The vault store's status changes to Marked for deletion. After the status changes, it is no longer possible to view the properties of the vault store and shortcuts to items within its archives will not work. When EV has completed the deletion, the vault store will be removed from the list. This operation may take some time.

You may need to refresh the Admin console to see it gone.

Next remove the EV server.  It might prompt you to delete the Index locations and Index Service first.

After you remove it from the Admin Console everything will removed from SQL but you will need to delete the Vault Store Database from SQL manually.

Let me know if you run into any issues.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Since you haven't really done anything with it you shouldn't have to go into sql.

First thing is to delete the Vault Store. 

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/279892.htm

Deleting a Vault Store in Enterprise Vault (EV)
Details:
It is possible to delete a vault store, provided that the Vault Administration Console (VAC) shows a status of Available or Closed.
Note: Once a vault store deletion is started, there is no undo and the deletion process cannot be stopped.
To delete a vault store:
1. In the VAC, with the vault store displayed in the listing, press F5 to refresh the view. This shows the vault store's current status.
2. Right-click the vault store that needs to be deleted and, on the shortcut menu, click Delete.
3. There is a confirmation prompt.
4. Click Delete.
The vault store's status changes to Marked for deletion. After the status changes, it is no longer possible to view the properties of the vault store and shortcuts to items within its archives will not work. When EV has completed the deletion, the vault store will be removed from the list. This operation may take some time.

You may need to refresh the Admin console to see it gone.

Next remove the EV server.  It might prompt you to delete the Index locations and Index Service first.

After you remove it from the Admin Console everything will removed from SQL but you will need to delete the Vault Store Database from SQL manually.

Let me know if you run into any issues.

twyd2009
Level 4
hey tony, thanks for the insight!!  i've deleted the vault store, and it went into 'marked for deletion'.....however, i've been logging these errors in event viewer.

Delete Vault failed
Reason: Access is denied. [0x80070005]
Vault Name: TMCJournal
Vault Store: TMCVS2
Vault Id: 17072D49656FA324294E1695F209CD2FA1110000tmcevault

Am I going to have to do a manual removal here?? 

twyd2009
Level 4
Well, i just decided for a manual cleanup....I uninstalled EV from the server, and followed the notes in this post:

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/steps-remove-ev-75

I had some SQL errors on some of the row deletion, but they were very verbose and I was able to figure which rows needed to be removed.  All looks good!