cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove Vault Store using SQL Query

CruiseControl
Level 4
Partner Accredited

How do I manually delete a vault store from SQL? Is there a SQL query for that?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Patti_Rodgers
Level 4
Employee Accredited Certified

In a lab environment when you are copying in databases from production, you can always just rename the database in SQL to match whatever EV thinks the database name should be. A lot faster and less messy than trying to delete stores and partitions in SQL.  **this is only for labs-- don't delete stuff from the databases from Production!!***

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Yes, you can delete it via SQL but there are dependencies.  Any reason you are removing via SQL as opposed to the Admin Console?

You will probably want to speak with Support.

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner
Typically direct manipulation via SQL is not support, just to let you know.
Working for cloudficient.com

CruiseControl
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Thanks Tony.  I ended up figuring it out.  Basically, we were standing up a lab environment for testing EV9.x to 10.x, and then 11.x upgrade.   The customer cloned the 4 EV servers for the test lab, and then renamed them, but stood up a new SQL server and restored the DBs to it.   Long story short, I followed https://support.symantec.com/en_US/article.TECH35744.html, which got me most of the way there.  The one part I wasn't able to do initially was reset the new SQL server on the database tab for two of the four Vault stores.  Figured out that some of the Vault Store Partition folders were missing from the folder hierarchy, and the ODBC connection was not made to the EVDirectory and EVVaultStore databases.  Once added, all worked!  Once that was fixed, we can delete from the VAC like normal.

-Tim

Patti_Rodgers
Level 4
Employee Accredited Certified

In a lab environment when you are copying in databases from production, you can always just rename the database in SQL to match whatever EV thinks the database name should be. A lot faster and less messy than trying to delete stores and partitions in SQL.  **this is only for labs-- don't delete stuff from the databases from Production!!***