cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove "follow up flags" and "categories" from already archived mails?

MatsHolm
Level 4
Partner Accredited
Hi!

I know that I can't add follow up flags to the original mail if it's archived but I can do that to the shortcut.

But does anyone know if it's possible to remove/clear "follow up flags" or "catogories" from an already archived mail?

I have som users trying this but they recieve error:
"The item is archived and can not be editied. To save your changes you must make a copy of the item"

//Mats
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Paul_Grimshaw
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

I did not originally think that this was possible but I have just run a quick test on my 7.5 sp5 system and I can take off flags and cats post archiving but that does not obviously take it off the archived item so you are essentially just taking it off the shortcut.
So yes you can take the flags and cats off the shortcut but if you open the item itself make the changes and try and save them you will get this message as you are trying to edit the archived item itself which is not allowed

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Paul_Grimshaw
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

I did not originally think that this was possible but I have just run a quick test on my 7.5 sp5 system and I can take off flags and cats post archiving but that does not obviously take it off the archived item so you are essentially just taking it off the shortcut.
So yes you can take the flags and cats off the shortcut but if you open the item itself make the changes and try and save them you will get this message as you are trying to edit the archived item itself which is not allowed