cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove shortcuts from a mailbox by using EVPM

Olivian_Retezan
Level 4
Hi there,

Do you happen to know how to remove ALL the shortcuts from a mailbox by using EVPM?
The archive will be exported to PST as it's too big for the exchange storage so the shortcuts are kept in the mailbox too.

We need to export the remaining messages from the mailbox in a different PST but I would like to avoid having all the shortcuts in the PST file.

The archive would be removed from EV only at a later point (after a few weeks), after the mailbox export is performed.

The EV is version 8 SP2.

Thank you in advance!
Olivian
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
You can not use EVPM to do this.

You can create a policy to delete shortcuts older than a day and create a provisioning group and add that user to it.  Then when you do an archive run the shortcuts will be deleted.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
You can not use EVPM to do this.

You can create a policy to delete shortcuts older than a day and create a provisioning group and add that user to it.  Then when you do an archive run the shortcuts will be deleted.

Wayne_Humphrey
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
If its just one mailbox just open it and delete all the shortcuts by finding all messages with the message class of IPM.NOTE.EnterpriseVault.Shortcut

Olivian_Retezan
Level 4
Hi guys,

Thanks for confirming my thoughts. I had small hopes that the EVPM can do this task.

Unfortunately there are hundred of mailboxes in this case so I'll try to find a way to script the removal of the IPM.Note.EnterpriseVault.Shortcut from the list of mailboxes (or even PSTs).

Br, Olivian

Wayne_Humphrey
Level 6
Olivian,

Check your PM ;) there might be something you like there :p

MichelZ
Level 6
would i like it, too? :)

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

katied
Not applicable
If there is a solution to this problem I would love to hear it too. We also need to automate removal of shortcuts from a large group of mailboxes.

daiyoko
Level 4
Me too, thanks~~

Olivian_Retezan
Level 4
http://www.symantec.com/connect/forums/question-about-best-practice-disabling-archives-users-move-different-environment