cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove user from Enterprise Vault.

mukesh_ps
Level 2

Hi,

I had enabled user account for mail archival. Now all his mails are getting archived without any issue. Now user dont to enable archiving to be enabled for his mailbox. I want to make sure that after removing user from vault, all his archived mails should be available to him same as prior to archiving. Can anyone suggest URL or detail procedure for the same.

Exchange 2007 with SP2

Ent. Vault Version 8.0

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

If you disable a user from archiving, and synchronise their mailbox, I am pretty sure that they will still have the option to do 'Search Vaults' from their Outlook session, and all the archived items will be accessible via the shortcuts, or via Search.

Working for cloudficient.com

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

If you disable a user from archiving, and synchronise their mailbox, I am pretty sure that they will still have the option to do 'Search Vaults' from their Outlook session, and all the archived items will be accessible via the shortcuts, or via Search.

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Rob is correct. As long as you do not uninstall the EV client the user will still be able to access items via shortcuts or the search button.

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Actually if the user wants to have it the exact same prior to archiving, use the Export Wizard through the VAC and restore the items back to the mailbox Or export the items to a PST and give the user the PST file
https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

@mukesh -> Did you need anything else on this issue, or can one of the posts be marked as a solution?

mukesh_ps
Level 2

Issue resolved. I restored items using restore from vault and then disabled user from vault. thanks to everyone who had contributed to this thread.