Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing EV Server

Groombro
Level 3

Hello

I'm removing an EV server as it is no longer needed. my set-up is as follows

I have 3 EV mailbox and journal servers in the UK that all share a Vault storage Group (VSG1). and i have one in india this has it's own SQL and VSG(VSG2) and indexing and was put in as a pilot and only hosts 7 users.

since it was put in we have centralised all our exchange servers to a single site and this is serviced by the UK EV servers.

making the india based EV server redundant. as such we want to remove this from our environment

The archives in the India Vault store have been exported to PST and deleted.(meaning there is no required data in the india vault store or the india VSG(VSG2)) 

this leaves me with two questions

1. do i need to move the Indexes for the india server if the server has no users ?

2. what are the steps for removal in this case

I've seen the below article but it only talks about the need to move the VSG and indexes

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH135322

and since the VSG is empty i don't want to move it and the indexes.

Thanks in advance

Michael

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

So all you should need to do start with Step 2 adn you should be good to go.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

So all you should need to do start with Step 2 adn you should be good to go.

Groombro
Level 3

Tony

thanks for the above it's what we thought but were looking for external confirmation

the problem i have now is that the VAG is now stuck in marked for deleteion it's been 24 hours and it hasn't cleared. so now i have to find a solution for that.