cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing EV Server?

pss53
Level 4

Hi Folks,

We currently have two E.V. servers, EV01 manages our mail archiving, EV02 was setup to manage file archiving. 

We never really setup file archiving, only did some testing.

What we want to do is uninstall E.V. from EV02 and flatten this to build it as our new EV10 box.

Is there an easy way to do this? Do we still need to leave the stores etc as we will want the same setup on ev10, one box for mail one for file ?

Wish we could just upgrade ev10 by running setup!! :(

Hope that makes sense,

Thanks,

Paul.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

If you delete the items from the admin console the appropriate entries will be removed from the database.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

So in the EV10 set up, are you looking to just have one server or two servers as well?
Or are you looking to uninstall everything on the server, install EV10 and then run the migrations wizard to go from the active server to this new ev server?

Tony wrote an awesome article here:
https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/articles/how-remove-ev-server-your-site
:

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

pss53
Level 4

We'd look to have two servers, I'm just trying to move all the bits across to the primary so it free's up a box and I can install EV10 on a blank box to prevent downtime ?

p.

TonySterling

I take it your current servers aren't compatible with EV 10 and your plan is to repurpose the exsisting hardware?  If you never used FSA for anything then simple thing to do is to just delete all the task, vault stores, etc..

Then after you get EV upgrade to 10 you can add the server back and reconfigure it for FSA.

pss53
Level 4

So would we need to delete anything from the database or just leave it ? (Will the migration wizard only pick up the primary).

TonySterling

If you delete the items from the admin console the appropriate entries will be removed from the database.

pss53
Level 4

Thanks for your help tony...