cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing empty folders from Vault Store partitions

CadenL
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi

I've read in previous posts that there is typically no issues with manually deleting Vault Store partitions folders that no longer contain any EV files. Due to Storage expiry settings many (if not all) of our folders on the closed partitions are empty and whereas this isn't really causing any issues our storage team have asked if it is ok to reduce the sheer quantity of folders that exist without any data by deleting them. The vault store itself will remain.

So long as we can guarantee that only empty folders will be removed and that these folders will only exist within closed partitions, are we good to do this as the previous posts I've read were from years ago and things in later versions may have changed.

This is for an EV 14.1 environment that does Exchange archiving only.

many thanks  

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling

I found this, https://superuser.com/questions/39674/recursively-delete-empty-directories-in-windows.  That might have some useful pointers.  I would test, test, and test again.  

TS

View solution in original post

GertjanA

I have done this myself on a 12.5 environment without issues.

Regards. Gertjan

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

TonySterling

I found this, https://superuser.com/questions/39674/recursively-delete-empty-directories-in-windows.  That might have some useful pointers.  I would test, test, and test again.  

TS

CadenL
Thanks Tony
So are you also saying that there’s no technical issues within EV itself with removing the empty directories from the VS partitions?

GertjanA

I have done this myself on a 12.5 environment without issues.

Regards. Gertjan

CadenL

Hi

Great stuff - good to know it's been done before and without issues

many thanks