cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Renaming Temp files in PST Holding

anon1m0us1
Level 6

WHen my PST files copy to the PST HOlding DIrectory, it copies with the name of "Copy14.pst" or some other number. How can I have the pst files store in the PST Holding directory as the user's name or mailbox name. For example, if I am copying John Doe's PST, it should store a jdoe.pst in the PST HOlding Directory and not Copy6.pst

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I believe that information is going to be in the PstFile table the EnterpriseVaultDirectory database, so you could query it.  Also, the PSTMigTask_server_datetime.txt should give some clues as to what is going on.

A reason for PST's are not called the actually PST Name is that it is quite possible PST's might have the same name and as you know, you can't have two files with the same name in the same directory.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

TonySterling

You would have to request a product enhancement but honestly I doubt that will ever happen.  The naming convention is strictly for EV to track PST's

You can request a change in the Ideas section of Connect.

anon1m0us1
Level 6

So if I have 500 users and I am importing the PST where some of them have issues, how can I know which users owns the PST without going into EVERY PST file to see the associated mailbox to the PST?

TonySterling

I believe that information is going to be in the PstFile table the EnterpriseVaultDirectory database, so you could query it.  Also, the PSTMigTask_server_datetime.txt should give some clues as to what is going on.

A reason for PST's are not called the actually PST Name is that it is quite possible PST's might have the same name and as you know, you can't have two files with the same name in the same directory.

TonySterling

More specifically, a query such as this would give you the actual pst and mailbox name based on the name of the pst in the holding folder.

SELECT p.FileSpecification, e.MbxDisplayName
FROM PstFile p
JOIN ExchangeMailboxEntry e on e.ExchangeMailboxEntryId = p.ExchangeMailboxEntryId
WHERE p.HoldingLocation LIKE '%Copy4.pst%'