cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Renaming target group

sandrine_goetha
   VIP   

SP2Hello,

It is planned to rename some of the groups used a target ( add windows group) for a provisioning task.

Will I this have an influence or will Ev automaticaly find the group as only the name changed ?

We are using EV 9 Sp 2 on windows 8 R2 and exchange 2010

Thank you for your help

Sandrine

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

GabeV
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Hello sandrine,

It will not break the provisioning process. Also, once you rename the security group, the group name will be updated in the provisioning group properties window > targets tab since the GUID will be the same in Active Directory. However, if you delete/create using the same group name, you will need to remove and add the group again.

I hope this helps.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I believe the rename will not be reflected in EV, but there is only one way to find out....

Create a new dummy group in AD, target that, change the name in AD, check EV.

Regards. Gertjan

GabeV
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Hello sandrine,

It will not break the provisioning process. Also, once you rename the security group, the group name will be updated in the provisioning group properties window > targets tab since the GUID will be the same in Active Directory. However, if you delete/create using the same group name, you will need to remove and add the group again.

I hope this helps.

sandrine_goetha
   VIP   

Thank to both of you, I tested without problems but I wanted to be sure because going live as it concerns few thousands users.

Sandrine