dzsnag
Level 2

I have an iMac running OS X 10.7.2

The EV Client is 10.0.0

And I'm running Outlook 2011.

The computer is on the domain.

I'm using network login.

My corporate email is added in outlook.

I am able to log in to the Vault Client but as soon as I click back into Outlook, the EV Client fades to gray and prompts me for a password again.

Any Advice? Let me know if you need more details or i need to talk to someone else.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jim_leggett
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

The only date I can provide for  EV 10 SP1 is Q1 FY 2012. Sorry that is as specific as I can be at this point.

Additionally, I have confirmed that the issue you are experiencing (repeated requests for a login) with Lion MAC OS 10.7.x and the EV 10 base client is known and reported. Targeted for SP1.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

jim_leggett
Level 6

Not sure if you are aware of it or not. But 10.7 is currently not supported with either EV 9 or EV 10.

Here is the link to the compatibility guide. http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH38537

As far as you getting prompted you might want to grab a trace from the Console logging in order to see what is going on. You may be able to search the knowledge base depending on what you find in the Console log. Have you tried this on 10.6 to see if you get any different behavior in your environment? If available and working then you might want to compare console logs and determine what is different.

dzsnag
Level 2

Any update on when 10.7.x will be supported? Or when Enterprise vault will have an update? From the compatibility list from September 16 it says the release is planned. Is it possible to get more information on that?

jim_leggett
Level 6

The only date I can provide for  EV 10 SP1 is Q1 FY 2012. Sorry that is as specific as I can be at this point.

Additionally, I have confirmed that the issue you are experiencing (repeated requests for a login) with Lion MAC OS 10.7.x and the EV 10 base client is known and reported. Targeted for SP1.

daliugrey_2
Level 3

replicable as multiple test users have reported getting prompted for auth. When entering creds (either UPN or NT shortname), client just returns error msg about invalid credentials. 

any ideas?