cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Report mode lists lots of items, archiving says "no eligible Items"?

CariesP
Level 3

We have EV 10.0.2 and it is not archiving anything.

If I run an archiving task in REPORT mode, it says there are heaps of items to archive. it would greatly reduce the size of the mailbox. But when i run the archiving task in normal "Archiving" mode, it says there are "no eligible items".

EV is not in backup mode, has open partitions, has space on all the necessary drives. I can't for the life of me work out where or why it si stopping it.

The Policy is fine. maybe i will make a new policy and assign that and see if that fixes it? i will try anything, all suggestions will be greatly appreciated.. it has been 3 months of no archiving so our exchange server is really feeling the pressure and we don't have support anymore as we are retiring EV soon.

so i need your help please..

6 REPLIES 6

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

why do you want to add data to EV if you're retiring it soon?

CConsult
Partner    VIP   

I think it is beacuse Exchange is getting crouded.

Try following:

0. Check if Archives are disabled.

1. "Display Policies Assigned to Mailbox" under AdminConsole>>Site>>Mailbox Management. Chose your Exchange Server and press "Find">>"Yes"

This way you can see if you got any wrong policies, or no policies. Check correspondend policies afterwards.

2. Do you use Mailbox quotas?

3. I guess the users are enabled in AD?

4. you said "open partitions" how many do you have opened?

A Dtrace could maybe give you more information.

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

CariesP - you raised two big red flags: 1. you dont have support 2. you are retiring EV soon

i cant recommend adding more data to EV under these circumstances.

CariesP
Level 3

Just Cause.  plus it will eleviate the pressure on the Exchange Servers and reduce the size of the mailboxes. we are being stopped at present from invoking the retention policy in exchange, so mailboxes are over 20GB in size.. crazy.

CariesP
Level 3

Thanks CConsult.

1. Policies are correct.

2. NO no mailbox quotas

3. yep.

4. one partition for each Vault Store Group and we have 2 Vault Store Groups .

yep, i will run a DTRACE.  should i do it just on the "archiveTask" any others?

CariesP
Level 3

I know what you mean Andrew, but we are not worried about the data. we are currently running Ev.Cloud Journaling at the same time, so all emails are being captured and we have exported all from the vault and imported into that archive. so all the data is safe.

we just want to reduce the load on the Exchange Servers and reduce the size of mailboxes/backups, etc.  just while we are awaiting Corporate approval to go ahead and moved everyone over to EV.Cloud and enable retention policies.  just a lot of red tape at present.