cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reporting & Co-existence with LiveLink

korivic
Level 3

Hi , I am looking to get help with two questions I have.

1) Is there a way to extract a reprot from Enterprise Vault system on "User retreival performance". Our management would like to know the retreival rates ( 0-1 sec ) when opening archived emails with/without attachments . We are using vault cache so usually opening any archived email is pretty fast but i am looking to see if i could find some tool which can help extract these report?

2) Also I was asked to test if Livelink open text can co-exist with symantec enterprise vault. One of our business unit is going to be transitioned to livelink & I needed to find if live link can co-exisit with EV? Basicaaly keep Enterprise Vault in read only mode so users can still access archived email in EV & apply new policies going forward with Livelink? I am not sure if this is even possible?

Thanks,

korivic

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

korivic
Level 3

Just wanted to update you all that We were able to Co-Exist LiveLink & Enterprise Vault together  in our Lab Environment . We did some basic tests by removing the user from EV Groups & Enabling LiveLink.There is an option to add a messageClass in LiveLink to not Archive & I have added Enterprise vault Messageclasses. We were able to successfully restore from EV & then able to store in LiveLink. Although it is too early to say that they both co-exist without any issues but our basic tests reveal that both function normally without any conflicts as long as we are not archivng the messages using both products.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Wayne_Humphrey
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

1) Not possible the way you think you can. The only way I can see is install wireshark and trace ;) but there is no report.

2) tbh I do not know how exactly Livelink DMS works, but what would the point be of having Enterprise Vault if you have it in Read Only mode?

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

1. i dont know of any such report. i think that's going to have to be measured from the endpoint and not from the EV server; especially if you're talking about VC.

2. i've never heard of Livelink open text personally but in any case, i would recommend migrating the business unit's archived email to the new system and not trying to overlap with two archiving systems. depending on the number of users you could do this manually via export to PST or you could use a migration tool like TransVault to automate the process

korivic
Level 3

The only reason we wanted to check if co-existance is possible is to give our users time to go through the legacy email & unarchive it & categorize them in livelink.

Exporting to PST or rehydrating all archived email back to original mailbox  is our secondary option but there are some challenges with those options as we don't allow PST's & secondary we will be implementing exchange 2010 shortly in which case I will have re architecture the exchange 2010 design in terms of storage space if we were to re hydrate all the emails.

AndrewB

actually, i think open text is supported by TransVault so you don't have to go to PST first. if you're going to 2010 then you could migrate directly from EV to Exchange 2010 using TransVault too. how many users are you needing to migrate?

korivic
Level 3

Hi Andrew,

We have about 3500 users which needed to be migrated to opentext. When you say you could migrate from EV to exchange 2010 using transvault does it mean that it rehydrates & put's it in exch 2010? Can you point me to a vendor website so i can probably do some research on using transvault.

AndrewB

yes seamlessly takes the archived data for each user out from EV and into Exchange 2010 (or another supported target, there's a long list). 3500 is definitely too many to do manually in any case. check out www.transvault.com and you can also contact me privately for more info and i can help you get in touch with the right people.

Wayne_Humphrey
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Hi korivic,

There are a few tools that can help you acchive Enetrprise Vault to Exchnage 2010 seconday mailbox out there. Here is a list of Symante STEP partners and there tools:

Please see the White Paper written by TPM

korivic
Level 3

Just wanted to update you all that We were able to Co-Exist LiveLink & Enterprise Vault together  in our Lab Environment . We did some basic tests by removing the user from EV Groups & Enabling LiveLink.There is an option to add a messageClass in LiveLink to not Archive & I have added Enterprise vault Messageclasses. We were able to successfully restore from EV & then able to store in LiveLink. Although it is too early to say that they both co-exist without any issues but our basic tests reveal that both function normally without any conflicts as long as we are not archivng the messages using both products.