cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reports slow and/or failing - hints? EV80SP4 SQL2005SP3

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello all,

I'm using a dedicated SQL2005SP3 reporting server. Running on Windows 2003 standard SP2. 2 quadcores, 3GB RAM. We've recently upgraded from EV7.5SP6 to EV80SP4. Reports have been upgraded successfully.

When running the Vault Store Usage Summary Report, it takes a good 10 minutes before it actually shows some data.

Selecting from the report stores with less than 1000 archives works (after about 10 to 15 minutes I have the report on screen). Selecting the Store that has more than 10.000 archives it looks like it is running for about 45 minutes, then shows an error on Internet connectivity? It looks to me like a time-out is occurring, but I am not sure. As the reports are internally not considered critical to have, and as the reportserver is under my control, not the dba's,  I have trouble getting a dba to look at this. Does anyone know if there is some understandable information/documentation on checking and improving performance on the report-server? I've checked permissions on databases, the reporting service account etc, that all looks fine.

The error shown is

Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

Thanks for hints!

Gertjan

Regards. Gertjan
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

GertjanA

Raised the timeout on the specific report to 30 minutes. Default was 10. During run, it errors out again. If I then click refresh in the button, it shows the information.

Regards. Gertjan

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

GertjanA

Raised the timeout on the specific report to 30 minutes. Default was 10. During run, it errors out again. If I then click refresh in the button, it shows the information.

Regards. Gertjan