Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restart PST Locator Task Frequently

AKL
Level 6
Certified

Hello All

I am running a PST Centralization effort using Enterprise vault 9.0.1.1073 Server driven migration way (client driven as secondary approach for failed users).

So far it's been going good, we've been able to locate most portion of PST files which're currently open with users Outlook profile via registry search - Everything is smooth.

Now - that we're close to start collector & Migrator - We want to focus locator task only for those users/machines  which we will be working on. So that if user has added/removed any PST file to Outlook profile gets on our radar.

There is no issue around focusing only on those workstations, we just toggle the search bit in SQL using usual SQL query which will have locator only search those workstations..

But catch starts where locator task finishes really fast after making 1 sweep from list of these workstations and then sits idle for 1 day. Again this isn't issue because we can go into SQL manually and update table entry for Locator task so that it see it completed on an older date - restart locator task and it begins sweeping again.

Help am seeking for is there a way to automate the process? Where one has to go into SQL manually and update PSTLocatorTask table? I am working on a powershell query/batch file which I will share once it's complete (not confident how far I'll reach with it atm but trying...) Meanwhile, if someone has any ideas around it?

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Tremaine
Level 6
Employee Certified

You might be able achieve what you are looking for by altering the Schedule settings on the PST locator task such that it runs every other 15 / 30 minutes or less frequently depending on how long it takes to complete its scan and then to conincide with the schedule window closing add a SQL maintenance plan to trigger your script and update the table accordingly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Tremaine
Level 6
Employee Certified

You might be able achieve what you are looking for by altering the Schedule settings on the PST locator task such that it runs every other 15 / 30 minutes or less frequently depending on how long it takes to complete its scan and then to conincide with the schedule window closing add a SQL maintenance plan to trigger your script and update the table accordingly.