cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore all Files from an FSA Archive (include duplicate filenames)

O_Schmidt
Level 5

Hi, 

we´ve got a problem in our EV environment. So we have to restore all of our archived Files (FSA) an rearchive them in a new sturcture.

I know that this is possible with the fsautility.exe, but the problem is that we have files with duplicate filenames in the archive.

If I restore all the files from an archive with the fsautility, it "de-duplicates" the files and restores only the file with the newest change date. 

This caused problems with the law. We have to proove all the changes of one file.

How can I get all files, including the duplicated?
Are there any hidden options in the fsautility?

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

unfortunately that might be a limitation of FSAutil. what version of EV are you on? EV11 has a great new search page that could be helpful in restoring multiple files with the same name. since it's web-based, your browser will probably rename the files for you as you save them in windows with (1), (2) or however windows does it.

O_Schmidt
Level 5

Thank for your reply.

We are on EV 11, but i can´t restore all the files with the webpage because we have thousands of files in thousands of folders.

So it takes too long time to restore all of the files.

plaudone
Level 5
Employee Accredited Certified

This would most likely have to be a partner utility that can extract all of the items from EV based on the archive.