cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore an Archive

Tonaco_pt
Partner    VIP    Accredited

I just finish recover a vault archive deleted by mistake, it took 1 week, more then 20 TB of data. I'm trying to plan a faster restore. Used How to restore a single archive after it has been deleted in an Enterprise Vault site. 

Is there a SQL script that enumerate with dvs* files an archive uses?

Our Backup team can restore files listed in a CSV

Thank you 

António

2 REPLIES 2

Tonaco_pt
Partner    VIP    Accredited

What I got so far

SELECT A.ArchiveName,
    P.PartitionRootPath+'\'+ cast(datepart(year,ArchivedDate)as char(4))+'\'+
      right(cast(datepart(month,ArchivedDate)+100 as char(3)),2)+'-'+
      right(cast(datepart(day,ArchivedDate)+100 as char(3)),2)+'\'+
      LEFT(IdTransaction,1)+'\'+
      left(right(IdTransaction,len(IdTransaction)-1),3) AS Path,
    REPLACE(IdTransaction, '-', '' )+('.DVS') as DVSfile
FROM EnterpriseVaultDirectory.dbo.archive A
    INNER JOIN EnterpriseVaultDirectory.dbo.ROOT R
    ON A.RootIdentity = R.RootIdentity
    INNER JOIN EVVSVaultStore_1.dbo.ArchivePoint AP
    ON R.VaultEntryId = AP.ArchivePointId
    INNER JOIN EVVSVaultStore_1.dbo.Saveset S
    ON AP.ArchivePointIdentity = S.ArchivePointIdentity
    INNER JOIN EnterpriseVaultDirectory.dbo.PartitionEntry P
    ON S.IdPartition = P.IdPartition
        AND A.ArchiveName = 'My Archive Name'

For exemple I got this output:

| ArchiveName     | Path                                                                      | DVSfile                              |
| --------------- | ------------------------------------------------------------------------- | ------------------------------------ |
| My Archive Name | M:\evstore\ptn03\Enterprise Vault Stores\VaultStore Ptn3\2013\11-27\B\028 | B02843D0A52045EF5CECF218640CC8F1.DVS |

So I search the filesystem looking for the files:

Get-ChildItem "M:\evstore\ptn03\Enterprise Vault Stores\VaultStore Ptn3\2013\11-27\B\028\B02843D0A52045EF5CECF218640CC8F1*.dvs*"

Directory: M:\evstore\ptn03\Enterprise Vault Stores\VaultStore Ptn3\2013\11-27\B\028

Mode                LastWriteTime     Length Name                                                                                                                                                                                                          
----                -------------     ------ ----                                                                                                                                                                                                          
-a---        27-11-2013     16:40       7738 B02843D0A52045EF5CECF218640CC8F1.DVS                                                                                                                                                                          
-a---        27-11-2013     16:40      12627 B02843D0A52045EF5CECF218640CC8F1~4B~9A48F4B0~00~1.DVSSP  

The item has 2 dvs* files, can we search the sql to find reference for this files?

Ref:

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello again,

Nice one! 

The 2 files are (as you know) belonging to the same item. I think you need to focus on the name of the DVS file (in your case B02843D0A52045EF5CECF218640CC8F1. 

I have no clue if the DVSSP (and possible DVSSC) file have SQL references, and if so, where. I'd be interested to learn if you can find them.

Regards. Gertjan