cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore from Enterprise Vault

Maialen_Zufiaur
Level 4

Hello!

I have to recover a message vaulted from Exchange but the arhive is already deleted. ¿How can I restore it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Nick_White
Level 6
Employee

If the archive has been deleted then there are only really a couple of options

- if you have Journaling enabled then you could find the item in the Journal Archive and restore from there

- if you have a backup of the old data from before the Archive was deleted then you could set up a dummy EV installation and restore the backup, though this would be a lengthy operation

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Nick_White
Level 6
Employee

If the archive has been deleted then there are only really a couple of options

- if you have Journaling enabled then you could find the item in the Journal Archive and restore from there

- if you have a backup of the old data from before the Archive was deleted then you could set up a dummy EV installation and restore the backup, though this would be a lengthy operation

Maialen_Zufiaur
Level 4

Option 1: I haven't Journaling enabled.

Option 2: I have restored the SQL server into another server but i don't want restore all the vaulted data , can i identify which is the archived file and restore it from backup only this file?

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

You will need to restore the whole data set.  It is a pain, but that is the way it is for now.

Regards,

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

True true

WiTSend
Level 6
Partner

one other option would be to do a search to see if any other archives have the same item.  Barring that, then it's a full restore from backup.  EV does not have granular restore.

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Correct, but I wonder if there are any plans for a future release with granular backup/restore possibilities?