cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore items to empty outlook forlder

yxm
Level 4

Hi, I'm still new to EV and just came across a situation. User have created an empty folder in Outlook and wanted to restore a message(s) into the folder from EV Search, but folder doesn't show up in Choose Filder list. Does the outlook folder only shows up in EV if something been archived from it or there is some kind of issue that I can't see the folder with Copy to... -> Choose Folder option?

We running EV 12.0.0

Thank you in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Pradeep-Papnai
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hi,

The folder option is coming from EV archive NOT Exchange mailbox. So if you create a blank folder in outlook it will not display in the selection for restoring the items unless you are archive some of item from empty folder (OR move existing shortcut if present to blank folder then run archiving task in shortcut processing mode) so that EV creates entries in database.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

yxm
Level 4

I thought this one will be easy to answer by an EV expert?

Pradeep-Papnai
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hi,

The folder option is coming from EV archive NOT Exchange mailbox. So if you create a blank folder in outlook it will not display in the selection for restoring the items unless you are archive some of item from empty folder (OR move existing shortcut if present to blank folder then run archiving task in shortcut processing mode) so that EV creates entries in database.

yxm
Level 4

That was my understanding of the behavior. I just wanted to confirm it. Thank you.