cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restoring an E-mail

Matt_Schu
Level 4

Hello All,

I am running EV7 sp4. We are currently only doing a Journal Archive.  I can search, view, and add items to the basket but it will not restore.  It fails and says unrestored.  I checked the event log on the vault server and there is Event ID 8390: The EnterpriseVault.DirectoryConnection object reported an error. Unspecified Error.  Also Event ID 8391 stating the same thing.  Any idea's?

Thanks,

Matt

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Liam_Finn1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

I dont believe you can do a restore in that way from a Journal archive

Restore is normally used for users who want to return data back into their mailbox.

If you restore to a journal mailbox the data will be archived again because of the real time running journal task

I know you have DA. I think it is best to use DA to gather data from journal archives and then export them not run a production. If you do a production you cant manulipate the searches or data, if you export you can always delete the search.

I recommend you create an Ad Hoc case in your DA environment to do such searches so as it wont affect any other live case searches. The other option which we have done is we have created a DA customer database for IT where we can do our testing and playing with the system and if we ever need to we can delete the customer and recreate it without causing issue for other active DA customers 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Matt_Schu
Level 4
Anybody have any idea's?

Liam_Finn1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

I dont believe you can do a restore in that way from a Journal archive

Restore is normally used for users who want to return data back into their mailbox.

If you restore to a journal mailbox the data will be archived again because of the real time running journal task

I know you have DA. I think it is best to use DA to gather data from journal archives and then export them not run a production. If you do a production you cant manulipate the searches or data, if you export you can always delete the search.

I recommend you create an Ad Hoc case in your DA environment to do such searches so as it wont affect any other live case searches. The other option which we have done is we have created a DA customer database for IT where we can do our testing and playing with the system and if we ever need to we can delete the customer and recreate it without causing issue for other active DA customers 

Matt_Schu
Level 4

Hey, thanks for the help.  That makes total sense.  I didn't think that deep into it.  We currently only use Journal Archive.  I am waiting on the "higher powers that be", to decide when they want to archive mailbox's.