cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retention Category

Gonza
Level 5
Hi, Where I can delete a retention category because with the right click does not appear a delete option ?

Thanks
GP
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

patrickkuah
Level 6
you can't delete... can rename it though. Another way is to manipulate the EnterpriseVaultDirectory database.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

patrickkuah
Level 6
you can't delete... can rename it though. Another way is to manipulate the EnterpriseVaultDirectory database.

patrickkuah
Level 6
Like to highlight....don't anything with the database without calling support for advise.

Wayne_Humphrey
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
OK,

If its not a default RC, then do the following making 100% sure you do not have data associated with that RC or you will end up with an "categorized" RC.

To list all your RC's:
USE EnterpriseVaultDirectory
SELECT *
FROM RetentionCategoryEntry

To delete the RC:
USE EnterpriseVaultDirectory
DELETE FROM RetentionCategoryEntry
WHERE RetentionCategoryId = '1F2C6F8203FC38C4C8CA04F17459B4CBE1b10000ev01'

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner
 Or if you want to just stop people using it edit the properties and set it to hidden.
Working for cloudficient.com

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited
In our case, we did the same thing Rod suggests in his post and hid the categories we didn't want people to use anymore.

cedric
Level 4
Partner Accredited
Hi Wayne,

I have issue on storage replicator v3. I'm replicating my "F" drive data (users shared files) to a target machine. The replication is successful but during the replication process, the folder becomes hidden file (system file). I can do the folder option to show all the files but why is it behaving this way?

I tried replicating other folders and it was not hidden on the target machine after the replication.

Your help will be much appreciated.

You can also send me an email at oracle965@yahoo.com

MichelZ
Level 6
cedric

Please use the appropriate product forum.
I believe it's this one:

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/clustering-and-replication/forums/volume-replicator

We are Enterprise Vault folks here, and cannot help you.

Cheers

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

MichelZ
Level 6
Just to explain:

You cannot delete a retention category if there are still items in the archive which are using this category.
(For obvious reasons)...

Cheers

MichelZ
Level 6
Hi

Do you need any more information here?
If not, and you are satisfied with a provided answer, can you choose this as Solution, please?

Thanks & Regards
Michel

Gonza
Level 5
Yes I know that but this retention was never used.