Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retetion Cathegory pero IMAP folder?

Jose_Luis_Per1
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Hello,

We need to archive Office 365 emails for retention purposes BUT we need every user to decide which mails to archive by dragging and droping them to a folder (EV has to be on premise).

We were able to accomplish this by configuring EV IMAP features but... Now we need EV to archive with different retention cathegory depending on which IMAP folder the user drops the emails.

Does anyone nows if there´s a way to do this or any other workaround? I insist: EV has to be on premise.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

i dont think what you're asking for is possible. EV 12 is supposed to have "Enhanced Classification" but i cant tell if it will help in your case with archiving individual users' email via IMAP (regardless of the source.)

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

CConsult
Partner    VIP   

why do you want to let the user decide what he wants to be archived? For important mails?

I would not suggest you to go that way. Most of the people wont archive then.

It is not relevant for compliance and you will not save alot of space then.

You would probably need EVPM and use it on specific folders to activate different retention policies.

CConsult
Partner    VIP   

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.000040036

Jose_Luis_Per1
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Thanks CConsult,

I know it´s nonsense. It´s not my call and this is a customer asking us for that functionality. I don´t think EVPM will help because in order to archive only some folders created in Office 365, we´ll be using IMAP archiving which means.. We´ll be archiving from the client and not from the user´s mailbox directly.

Jose_Luis_Per1
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Note: This customer does not have Exchange on premise anymore. In order to use EVPM, the script must specify the distinguished name of the user´s mailbox. That´s why I believe EVPM is not an option, but I may be wrong...

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

i dont think what you're asking for is possible. EV 12 is supposed to have "Enhanced Classification" but i cant tell if it will help in your case with archiving individual users' email via IMAP (regardless of the source.)

Jose_Luis_Per1
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Thanks Andrew,

This is a weird requirement in my opinion. We´ll try to do the best we can.

Thank you!