cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retntion Category question

pjglick
Level 4

I have the following sql script which shows assign retention categories and item counts for a particular mailbox ID.

USE EnterpriseVaultDirectory

SELECT RetentionCategoryName, RetentionCategoryIdentity

FROM RetentionCategoryEntry

USE EVVSMBXVS_1

SELECT AV.ArchiveName, RCE.RetentionCategoryName, S.RetentionCategoryIdentity, COUNT(*) AS "# of items"

FROM Saveset S

JOIN Vault V

ON S.VaultIdentity = V.VaultIdentity

JOIN EnterpriseVaultDirectory.dbo.root R

ON V.VaultID = R.VaultEntryID

JOIN EnterpriseVaultDirectory.dbo.ArchiveFolderView AFV

ON R.RootIdentity = AFV.RootIdentity

JOIN EnterpriseVaultDirectory.dbo.ArchiveView AV

ON AFV.ArchiveVEID = AV.VaultEntryId

JOIN EnterpriseVaultDirectory.dbo.RetentionCategoryEntry RCE

ON S.RetentionCategoryIdentity = RCE.RetentionCategoryIdentity

WHERE AFV.ArchiveVEID = 'XXXXXXXXXD45EC934E84D392A1D19EB8691110000EVMAILBOX' -- Get this value from the properties of the archive, Advanced tab.

GROUP BY AV.ArchiveName, RCE.RetentionCategoryName, S.RetentionCategoryIdentity

I have a few users who were put in the wrong provisioning group for a period of time and mail may have been archived and expired under a different retention catgory as planned.

If the retention category no longer has anty items since all mail has been expired.  Which the assigned retention category still show even though there are no messages in the database anymore?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Since the SQL query is designed to show count by retention category for items present in the archive, no, you won't see a count of 0 for that retention category.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

hey paul, i'm not entirely clear on the question. what's the difference if the retention category name shows with a count of zero or if it doesnt show? what do you get when you run the script?

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Since the SQL query is designed to show count by retention category for items present in the archive, no, you won't see a count of 0 for that retention category.