cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retrieve EV mail and display name is changed

mis_noble
Level 2

Display name of mailuser "ABC" will be changed to "Disabled - ABC" after mailbox is no longer used such as 01Jan2013.

A situation is a mail back and forth with user ABC on the same day such as on Oct2012. Mailuser "ABC" was still active.

When retrieve EV mail from complience after Jan2013, the display name of mailuser ABC shows "Disabled - ABC" at the top of the email.

However, that email with user ABC on the same day history is display "ABC" only.

Why would this happen?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

We really need to see what you are seeing and since it involves sensitive user data I would recommend you open a case with Symantec so support can work directly with you.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

TonySterling

Can you post a picture of what you mean?  It isn't entirely clear.

GabeV
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Hi,

Basically, you changed the mailbox display name after Jan 1st 2013 and you were expecting to see the new Mailbox Display Name on any emails that were archived *before* the name was changed, i.e. any emails archived before Jan 1st 2013? If that's the case, the mailboxc display name is one of the properties archived within the email. Thus, DA/CA will pull the the information from the EV indexes which contain the previous mailbox display alias. That's expected. Please, let me know if I am wrong. Also, quick question, why would you change the Mailbox DIsplay Name alias?

mis_noble
Level 2

1st, change display name for mailbox is that no longer active (user left company) but still keep for while such as autoforward.

Thanks GabeV, but you got wrong.

The situation is with the same example, retrieve previous period complience email (before Jan2013) from EV after 1stJan2013, at that moment the display name in Exchange is changed to "Disable - xxxx".

Suppose the display name of retrieve complience email before Jan2013 from EV is "xxxx", however, the output is "Disable - xxxx".

Does EV get the latest display name from Exchange for complience email rather than its original display name on email?

Another example is user back and forth email with others on the SAME day (of course before Jan2013). After retrieve complience email from EV after Jan2013, the display name of email header is "Disable - xxxx". However the display name of user in history (content) of same email is "xxxx".

TonySterling

We really need to see what you are seeing and since it involves sensitive user data I would recommend you open a case with Symantec so support can work directly with you.