cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Run Now on archive task should enable New mailboxes?

rasobey
Level 5
Hi all,

I just want to make sure that so long as a user is ready to be enabled, i.e. you /could/ manually enable them from the wizard, that performing a "Run Now" on the appropriate archiving task should automatically enable that same mailbox?

Only it doesn't for me! I'm running a trace on the archiving task now (through the GUI) and will post the output, but if there's any pointers in the meantime i'd appreciate it.

This is happening on multiple Exchange servers, all being processed by the same EV server, which has been rebooted.

Manually enabling the mailbox works.

Cheers

Richard
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

burtos
Level 5
Take a look here as you can set it to enable the mailboxes automatically

Goto  Targets / Exchange / Provisioning grp / Double click on one of the grps setup / Archiving Defaults Tab / than there is a Automatically enable mailboxes tick box / just check to see if that is ticked

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

burtos
Level 5
Take a look here as you can set it to enable the mailboxes automatically

Goto  Targets / Exchange / Provisioning grp / Double click on one of the grps setup / Archiving Defaults Tab / than there is a Automatically enable mailboxes tick box / just check to see if that is ticked

Wayne_Humphrey
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Richard,

The Provisioning Task has to run first before the Archiving Task will enable it. Just run the Provisioning Task and then Archiving ;)

rasobey
Level 5
Ah crap. Thanks Burtos, you were right. I forgot that option existed. Trying again now!

rasobey
Level 5
Thanks Brutus, that worked a treat. I had "Archive mailboxes in this provisioning group" checked, but not "Automatically enable mailboxes".

Cheers :)