cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Run PGP 10 Desktop with Enterprise Vault 8 SP3

Edwork
Level 4

Secure email become more concern. I test PGP Desktop 10 with Enterprise Vault 8 Sp3 ( Email) does not work together.

Would someone provide any tentative time schedule or incoming version of EV could support PGP desktop, please ?

Symantec acquisted PGP on June. I expect it will be integrated together.

If PGP desktop does not fit EV, would any PGP email encrypt solution fit with EV product together.

3 REPLIES 3

Nick_White
Level 6
Employee

What isn't working? We have definitely had it working here (might have been with the EV 9.0 client though, thinking about it a little more!)

Liam_Finn1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Correct me if i'm wrong but PGP encrypts the email from source so unless you harvest the keys from the desktops or issue keys from a central server EV will archive the email but wont index it as the email is encrypted. Without a way to have access to the key there is no way EV can index the email content and therefore there is no way to search the content of the email as no index can be created for the email items

Nick_White
Level 6
Employee

EVSMRM 9.0 will work with PGP 10 to allow decryption when archiving. This is why I asked the question as it's not clear whether this is a crash/compatibility issue or a functional expectation issue! :)