cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCOM 2007 and EnterpriseVault 10.0.3 – Unable to Discover standalone (non-clustered) servers

codeunit
Level 3

The problem: EV Management Pack (MP) v10.0.3 is unable to discover EV v10.0.3 standalone servers.

My Enviornmnet Details and setting are as follows:

SCOM 2007 R2

EV Servers: Clustered and non Clustered on Windows 2008 64Bit OS R2 Enterprise

EV Version : 10.0.3

Details:

We are migrated our EV v9.0.4 environment to EV v10.0.3 and would like to use the latest EV MP v10.0.3 for monitoring both environments during/after migration. The latest SCOM MP works fine with EV v9.0.4 infrastructure on Windows Clustered nodes. The problem is with EV v10.0.3 infrastructure on Windows 2008 R2 x64 non-clustered/standalone boxes.

We are confident with all configuration and we are absolutely sure where's a problem. I’ve spent countless time troubleshooting this weird issue.

An issue is with out of the box PowerShell SCOM discovery script, however discovery works perfectly with EV v9 on MS clusters only. The code in the PS script doesn’t contain proper control for non-clustered environment as per below screenshot.

Shortly, it checks for Clustering registry key and fails if it's missing. This key shoudn't be there on standalone servers!

Anyone from Symantec would be able to comment on that? Anyone else has got the same issue on your environments?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

RahulG
Level 6
Employee
With 10.0.3 we have introduced An RBA role "Monitoring Application" and using the same there should be a "run as profile" at scom server. secondly at SCOM server side all the managed agent property should have "Allow to work as proxy" selected( You may refer the Admin guide as this information is in there)

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Pradeep-Papnai
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Can you please check Tech note below.

"SCOM 2007 does not automatically discover Enterprise Vault (EV) servers running on Windows Server 64-bit operating systems (OS)"

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH72007

codeunit
Level 3

I'll check but that shouldn't be a problem as EV v9 servers on Windows 2003 x64 OS have been discovered suing the same SCOM pack.

RahulG
Level 6
Employee
With 10.0.3 we have introduced An RBA role "Monitoring Application" and using the same there should be a "run as profile" at scom server. secondly at SCOM server side all the managed agent property should have "Allow to work as proxy" selected( You may refer the Admin guide as this information is in there)

codeunit
Level 3

Please correct if I am wrong but we’ve found that “Run As” is being used only in order to monitor unit monitor Symantec.EnterpriseVault.CheckTaskState.UnitMonitorType and if we not configure "Run As" there will be no impact at all as PowerShell script SymantecEnterpriseVaultCheckTaskState.ps1 will not be run on each EV v10 server. That’s it – this account it’s not being used for anything else…

Issue has been solved once we have configured "Allow to work as proxy" and cleared the health service cache on each Windows 2008 R2 x64 servers.