Darryl_R
Level 3
Employee Accredited

Issue:

Trying to install the Management pack for SCOM, Getting the following error;

Version 9.0.1 Management pack.

The EV MP shows version 1.0.0.1

Diagnostics:

Dependent pack System.Mom.BackwardCompatibility.Library is version 6.1.7221 does not exist.

1. Scom agent is installed on all EV servers. (Setting up SCOM monitoring for an Enterprise Vault server - http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO37666 )
  2. When trying to import the management pack an error comes up stating the Dependent pack System.Mom.BackwardCompatibility.Library is version 6.1.7221 is not installed. When looking for this BackwardCompatability.libray this does not exist, there is no version with this number in existence.

The management pack will not complete due to this message of the missing backward compatibility library. Anyone ever seen this or can offer some guidance?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Darryl_R
Level 3
Employee Accredited

SCOM version 2007 R2 has all version 7.1.xx loaded. This setup was upgraded from earlier versions of SCOM. After reinstalling the new version 2007 R2 all versions are correct and SCOM has loaded correctly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

SCOM 2007 R2 RTM = 6.1.7221 so what you're missing looks like the MOM 2005 Backward Compatibility pack that came with the default install. Did the customer uninstall it perhaps?

PaTryptik
Level 4

What is provided with EV at the moment is only a MOM2005 Backward Compatible pack that only has a set of rules.  This is not a real management pack for SCOM 2007 R2.

I was at the Symantec Vision 2011 last week and here is what I was told when I asked whether Symantec would provide a real SCOM 2007 R2 mp someday:

"We do have plans for a native SCOM management pack however it will be a post EV 10 deliverable. Plans are still being made but could be a service pack of 10 either later in the year or early next year."

I've been awaiting for this day to come ever since EV 8.0...!

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

ditto. see my idea:

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/idea/improved-scom-2007-r2-management-pack

Darryl_R
Level 3
Employee Accredited

SCOM version 2007 R2 has all version 7.1.xx loaded. This setup was upgraded from earlier versions of SCOM. After reinstalling the new version 2007 R2 all versions are correct and SCOM has loaded correctly.