Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMTP Journaling Target Config Error EV 12.3.1

SolarP
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hi All

I have a customer that is using Exchange Journaling and want to move to SMTP Journaling on EV 12.3.1. I have created the SMTP task and retention Policies and a new SMTP Archive in the Journal Vault store. The task is being created on the same server which is hosting the standard EV mailbox journaling task

When I create a new SMTP target email address and associate it with the relevant archive I get a pop up window saying "the parameter is incorrect" and I can go no further.

There is nothing in the event logs when this happens.

Anyone seen this issue before with SMTP Journaling

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

SolarP
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hi Gertjan

Yes SMTP additional install was installed and folders configured.

After doing a DTrace on SMTP Config I saw that it was having issues with applying the policy

Exception: The specified SMTP policy ID is not valid.|

Failed to put attributes into SMTPTarget object.

So I created a new SMTP policy and used that rather than the default SMTP policy and then created the target and it worked. All I can think is that the default policy was corrupted in the upgrade from 11 to 12 in some way

Not sure why this happened but it is working now

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi,

Not ran into this, but:

Do you have the EV SMTP Service installed? Do you have the Holding Folder location?

Regards. Gertjan

SolarP
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hi Gertjan

Yes SMTP additional install was installed and folders configured.

After doing a DTrace on SMTP Config I saw that it was having issues with applying the policy

Exception: The specified SMTP policy ID is not valid.|

Failed to put attributes into SMTPTarget object.

So I created a new SMTP policy and used that rather than the default SMTP policy and then created the target and it worked. All I can think is that the default policy was corrupted in the upgrade from 11 to 12 in some way

Not sure why this happened but it is working now

GertjanA

Good find!

Can you mark your finding as Solution?

Regards. Gertjan

Michal_Mikulik1

Hello All,

for information, I have come across the same issue today and the solution was working for me, too. It was EV 12.2.

regards

M.