Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SQL 2000 'local' database not showing up in deployment scanner

adebola24
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Hi

Using deployment scanner 8.0.5 prior to an upgrade from EV 2007, the EV databases are stored on an SQL 2000 sp4 local (not named) instance

when we search using deployment scanner it doesnt detect the 'local' instance at all

however when we use the deployment scanner for EV 2007 it DOES detect the instance

when we enter the SQL database name in step one we use the hostname, i have tried <hostname>\local and even just 'local' or just the hostname

From SQL Enterprise Manager the instance is referred to only as 'local' .. i.e. no hostname mentioned - this may be the reason why EV deployment scanner cannot detect it 

has anyone else come across this scenario where EV databases are stored on a 'local' and non named instance of SQL, 

my concern is that when we go to upgrade it wont detect the database as the deployment scanner cant see it so will fail

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

adebola24
Level 5
Partner Accredited

RESOLVED

I resolved this entering the server name by using local in brackets (local)

this is reported within ODBC

this seems to be an SQL 2000 specific issue as for SQL 2005 and SQL 2008 the default non named database would be visible by using the SQL server name only

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

adebola24
Level 5
Partner Accredited

RESOLVED

I resolved this entering the server name by using local in brackets (local)

this is reported within ODBC

this seems to be an SQL 2000 specific issue as for SQL 2005 and SQL 2008 the default non named database would be visible by using the SQL server name only