SQL DB Modified Date

JackedUp
Level 4

Hi All,

Current setup:
EV 803
SQL svr 2005
Domino Journaling only

I had an issue today where the EV was not seeing the SQL server. I wound up having to reboot the EV server, ran the connectivity test, and everything seems to be working fine.  I did notice on the SQL server that the modified dates of the vault databases have not been updated since December???????? I checked the EV reports folder daily to assure the journaling process is working correctly and have no journaling issues since December, till today obviously. Any ideas why the modified date would not be updating?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

AndrewB is 100% correct
if you set up a database with 1GB initial size and to auto grow by 1GB and you create that on 01/01/2010, then the modified date would be 01/01/2010, and if the auto grow doesn't occur for a year, then the modified date for the entire 2010 (unless you perform shrinks) will remain at 01/01/2011, but if it then auto grows to 2gb on 01/01/2011 then it will change the modified date to that until it next auto grows or shrinks

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited
I'm not a SQL expert but I'm pretty sure it wouldn't update the date and time stamp until the file is modified as far as the OS is concerned, which would be file grows or shrinks or if the file is closed say during a dismount, reboot, etc.

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

AndrewB is 100% correct
if you set up a database with 1GB initial size and to auto grow by 1GB and you create that on 01/01/2010, then the modified date would be 01/01/2010, and if the auto grow doesn't occur for a year, then the modified date for the entire 2010 (unless you perform shrinks) will remain at 01/01/2011, but if it then auto grows to 2gb on 01/01/2011 then it will change the modified date to that until it next auto grows or shrinks

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

JackedUp
Level 4

That makes sense, thanks

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Hi JackedUp,
My explanation did not make sense? Just wondering for the future when I post so I can try to be more concise.