Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SQL Databases; how to create them?

Robert_Primozic
Level 4
Partner Accredited Certified
Hi

at my new customer SQL admin does not allow that EV service account has permissions to phisicaly creates databases remotly from EV server (that means that EV service account can not connetc to IPC$ share i.e. \\servername\E$\Databases). Admin actually wants to create databases byhimself. Is there any documented procedure or even script for that purposes? Logins and premissions inside SQL are not an issue.

Thank's foe quick answer.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Agreed with Scanner, you do not want to try and manually create the databases.  Just give the VSA DB Creator and Local Admin on the box whilst you are doing the install and let the application create them.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Liam_Finn1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
None that I know of.

He has to grant the necessary rights just for the install. After the install he can restrict the permissions again but it is needed for the install or upgrade as there are many dtatbases, SP's and views to be created

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Agreed with Scanner, you do not want to try and manually create the databases.  Just give the VSA DB Creator and Local Admin on the box whilst you are doing the install and let the application create them.